3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons finely zested lemon
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup butter, room temperature
Sanding sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Sift flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugars and lemon zest.
4. Beat in each egg separately, then mix in lemon juice until well combined.
5. Gently mix in flour mixture. Do not overmix.
6. Scoop dough onto Silpat or baking sheets, leaving a couple inches between. Press gently with back of fork. Sprinkle with sanding sugar, if desired.
7. Bake for 12 minutes, until golden. Let rest on cookie sheets for a minute, then transfer to cooling racks.