2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup white sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
Dark brown icing pen
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in the egg and vanilla and mix well.
4. Gently combine the flour into the creamed butter. Scoop dough into walnut-size balls and place a couple inches apart on baking sheet.
5. Bake just until edges are golden, about 8 minutes. Let stand on cookie sheet for a minutes to cool before transferring to wire racks.
6. With icing pen, draw on antlers, nose and a dot for the mouth. Stick one red Smartie on top of the dot for a mouth.