Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies
Cakes & Baking
This easy Peanut Butter Reindeer Christmas Cookie recipe comes together in minutes with pretzels and M&Ms. Makes about two dozen cookies.
1 1/2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, soft room temperature
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
2 tablespoons water
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease two non-stick baking sheets.
2. Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
3. In another bowl, cream together all sugars, softened unsalted butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in vanilla, egg and water. Gently stir in to incorporate the dry ingredients until fully mixed.
5. Scoop small ice cream scoop balls of dough onto baking sheets. Flatten each cookie a small amount. Sprinkle with sugar.
6. In each cookie, gently place 1 M&M in centre for nose, two fork marks for eyes and 2 pretzel pieces on top for antlers.
7. Bake the cookies for 7 to 9 minutes, or until set and you can smell chocolate (do not overbake). Remove from oven and cool on a rack.